Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Walmart is Always Hiring

I'm mad. I am upset. I am disappointed but I just can't cry about it. I actually can't feel sad about it.

So, it's been almost a year since my last post. I apologize to all 6 followers of my blog and promise to try and write more. I need to write more in general. My life seems to be falling apart which means I have tons of free time so hey....I will write.

The most recent is the job that was promised to me in April is gone. I find out today that a young lady who I thought was a friend was an associate got the job. Which means she went behind my back and contacted the supervisor while I was out of the country. ( I went to Kenya for a month....promise to blog about that soon) So, after taking a month of my life off to VOLUNTEER, for those of you who don't know volunteer means work for FREE, I am now unemployed. And every production in Atlanta is fully staffed.

Being that it has been a year my last blog I was still actively pursuing a career in front of the camera...that has changed. I have been recently making a living as a production assistant mainly in the costume world. Which if my 2 show experience says anything for the way that world works....I HATE IT. I love the clothes. I love the organized choas when it comes to putting a characters looks and style together. I HATE the politics, the cat fighting, the lying and cheating to look better than your co-worker. (this is probably not going to help me find work)

The weird thing about all this is I don't see myself in another field. I have tried the so called "real world" and it's not the place for me. My place in the world is on a stage. If it's a sound stage, a theater it, location, it doesn't matter. And I don't have to be on it or in front of the camera. I just need to be near it. I need to know that my part in the production no matter how small makes a difference in bringing smiles and entertainment to someone out there.

So now here I am UNEMPLOYED but still blessed. At least I have an idea about where I want to work...and where I don't (costumes). I know a few names that might be able to help me get there...and if not...Walmart's always hiring.

I leave you with an encouraging Word. May God be with you and thank you for reading my rants.

Jeremiah 29:11-14     

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

No comments:

Post a Comment